Find out if someone is lying to you.
Can you tell when someone is lying to you?
Develop critical skills of evaluating truthfulness and assessing credibility
Assessing the credibility of information from others can be a high-stakes game, especially when risks and rewards are high. You may want to take our Lie Detector Survey to test your ability to read emotions through facial expressions. However, for some their very livelihood depends on assessing microexpessions.
AH Business Psychology’s science-based seminars are tailored for audiences who require a solid evidence-based introduction to the science of emotions, how they work and their relevance in a workplace context.
Get the truth on deception detection
|Built on more than 40 years of solid research and science, AH Business Psychology seminars are designed to develop your ability to recognise emotions in others, in order to evaluate truth or lies.Learn the role and functions of emotions, and their relevance to the workplace as well as the science and evidence behind them. The seminars include:
The course covers the psychological models of truth and lies, the identification of observable and audible leakage cues across the 5 channels of communication, the role of memory in deciphering between constructed and remembered events and so much more!
Get practical, hands-on experience in reading facial expressions, plus get training on which other four channels we need to pay attention to in others if we really want to know what they are ‘saying’:
- Body language
- Verbal style
- Words spoken or written
Key benefits and learning outcomes
Through these seminars, you will learn how to tell whether a statement of an event is remembered or being constructed, that is, ‘made up’, through scientifically sound tools and techniques. Attendees get the opportunity to practise and hone their skills in a safe environment. Other learning outcomes include:
- Identify the importance of baselines and when they take place
- Taking a structured approach to the detection of ‘leakage’
- Identify and evaluate emotional ‘hotspots’
- Carry out hypothesis testing
- Identify and evaluate clues to lying and truth telling
- Adopt active listening and observation skills
- Use these skills to evaluate truthfulness and credibility
Who are these seminars for?
These seminars are designed for:
- Functional specialists who work in security, immigration, customs, police, intelligence, fraud and audit investigations etc. BUT ALSO
- Professionals working in human resources, government services, sales, consulting, governance, and other roles where accurate assessment of people is critical (interviews, audits, contract negotiations etc)